Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Welcome to the world, Rayna

Rayna Kay Lambright arrived yesterday, 12-06-2005, at 1:23 PM. She's a tiny little thing, weighing in at 5 lbs, 13 oz and measuring 18.5 in. Mother and baby are just fine. When I left the hospital last night, Nicole was getting ready to take a warm bath and settle in for a much-needed rest.

I know that one shouldn't use the words "easy" and "labor" in the same sentence, but it was all pretty quick. Nicole woke up around 5:00 AM with contractions and we got to the hospital about 10:00. Things got a lot more intense around noon and Rayna made her grand entrance about an hour and half later. Note to anyone out there who is planning to have a baby: That breathing thing sounds silly, but it really does help Mom focus on something other than her contractions.

I don't have much else to add right now. I'll be heading back to the hospital this morning and will be there all day. We'll post more tonight or tomorrow.

Before I go, I want to send a big Thank you out to all who have called, emailed, sent flowers and gifts, and been thinking about us. Your love and support mean the world to us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home